Choose Marx Mechanical Contracting
Uxbridge, Ontario, has some pretty cold winters, but most people don’t think about the high temperatures of summer, which often go above 30 degrees Celsius. You want to make sure you’re comfortable, and the best way to do that is with a new air conditioning unit along with appropriate maintenance and service.
Marx Mechanical Contracting is an HVAC contractor in the Durham region. The professionals there are York Certified Comfort Experts, and they serve commercial and industrial customers, as well as homeowners in the area.
Here’s what the team can do for you:
Air Conditioner Service and Maintenance
Summers in Southern Ontario are often gruelling, but nobody really talks about it until something goes wrong. Getting proper maintenance and service on your air conditioning unit is crucial because it can prevent things like:
- Clogged drain lines
- Coolant leaks
- Leaky ductwork
- Compressor problems
- Clogged air filters
- Thermostat malfunctions
- Blower motor malfunctions
- Capacitor issues
- Dirty condenser coils
- Much more
As your system ages, it bogs down the A/C unit and can make it work harder than necessary. This inadvertently causes more breakdowns and renders the air conditioner useless until it is replaced.
You don’t want to be left in the heat while you’re working or relaxing at home.
Here are the signs of an impending air conditioner crisis:
- Warm or Weak Airflow – If the air flowing through the vents feels warm or weak when your system is set on cool, it indicates a problem. The A/C unit might have a poorly functioning compressor or is low on refrigerant. Routine air conditioning maintenance can assist, so it might be time for a tune-up or a filter change.
- Higher Energy Bills – Bill fluctuation is normal between seasons, but sudden spikes in price might indicate a blockage or problem with the A/C system, causing it to waste more energy. Pay attention to monthly bills and schedule a tune-up or inspection with Marx Mechanical Contracting if you think something is abnormal.
- Odd Smells or Sounds – As the air conditioner operates, it’s likely to make noise. However, excessively loud sounds indicate something is loose or out of place. Unpleasant smells can also mean there’s an issue somewhere, so get your unit checked out immediately.
- Too Much Humidity – A/C systems don’t just circulate cool air through your home. They remove extra humidity from the air. You could notice increased moisture levels if it’s not functioning correctly, or the air could feel muggy or heavy.
You may limit issues with your air conditioning unit if you’re running it in ideal conditions. This means:
- Running it at full speed. Your air conditioner should be turning on and off throughout the day to waste less energy.
- Use a programmable thermostat. You can set the temperature higher while you’re at work or away but have it turned down to a cooler temp when you get home.
- Purchase a ceiling fan. While fans don’t chill the room, they move the cool air around and across your skin. Therefore, you feel cooler and can keep the thermostat at a higher temperature. However, you should turn it off when you leave the home.
- Plant bushes around the house. Shady, large bushes should be planted on the west and south sides of the home to reduce heat gain in the daytime.
- Set a higher temperature. Energy Star recommends keeping your thermostat set at about 25 degrees Celsius for the best results.
Air Conditioning Sales & Replacement
When things go wrong with your A/C unit, Marx Mechanical Contracting offers replacement and sales with quick turnaround times. Therefore, you don’t have to wait too long for that cool air.
The sales representatives are friendly and help you understand what system you require. You may want a larger unit but realize that it could cost more! Once you’re ready for the replacement to be installed, the company sends professionals who get the job done right and do so quickly.
One reviewer, Saj, says: “My air conditioning unit stopped working just before a sweltering heatwave, and Marx Mechanical came to the rescue, even though they were extremely busy. They were quick, efficient, professional, and wonderful to deal with. Will be using them again…”
You can read more of Marx Mechanical Contracting reviews here.
Preventative Maintenance and Annual Service
In a sense, preventative maintenance is the best thing you can do for your air conditioning system. It catches many things that could easily go undiagnosed and might lead to bigger issues down the road.
Marx Mechanical is there on time and can even schedule an annual service of the unit. That way, you don’t forget about it each year. Plus, the company offers a discount for loyalty. You can save money while protecting your A/C unit!
It’s crucial to deal with a York Certified Comfort Expert who understands your equipment inside and out. Marx Mechanical Contracting is available in Uxbridge, Ontario, and the Durham Regional Municipality, including Oshawa, Bowmanville, Port Perry, and Cannington.
Call or text (289) 301-0720 to request a quote or use the online contact form!
If you’re looking for a company closer to the GTA, check out this post on the Toronto Air Conditioning Company.